Success at School Events | Eventbrite – to book onto various apprenticeship webinars
What are Apprenticeships?
As employees, apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Off the job, usually on a day-release basis, apprentices receive training to work towards nationally recognised qualifications. Anyone living in England, over 16 years-old and not in full-time education can apply.
Apprenticeships can take between one and four years to complete depending on the level of Apprenticeship, the apprentices’ ability and the industry sector. The minimum salary is £5.28 per hour; however, many apprentices earn significantly more.
Who are they for?
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups above 16 years-old whether you are just leaving school, have been working for years or are seeking to start a new career. You just need to be living in England and not in full-time education.
What are the benefits?
There are lots of benefits to doing an Apprenticeship. You can earn while you learn, and learn in a way that is best suited to you – through hands-on experience on the job. Key benefits of being an apprentice include;
- earning a salary
- getting paid holidays
- receiving training
- gaining qualifications
- learning job-specific skills
Apprenticeship / Trainee Job Listings
Apprenticeships in Specific Subject Areas
Apprenticeships – Further Information
Information videos from Henry Boot PLC –
- Video 1 – https://youtu.be/r6IONVwm0Xk – This is a showcase about the experiences of some of our current apprentices and why they enjoy their apprenticeships.
- Video 2 – https://youtu.be/mTUG5TzkqhI – This is a video that busts some of the myths about apprenticeships and details why they are rich and rewarding career opportunities.
- Apprenticeships – hear from our current apprentices about why their apprenticeships are so beneficial to them and our business – https://youtu.be/mD2yRpPJ3QA
- Managers – hear from our senior leaders about why our Group invests in apprentices and the benefits involved for them and Henry Boot – https://youtu.be/4MIh0XwuHjs
Where can I get help in school?
- Margaret Marshall provides impartial advice to students and parent
- School Staff and Mentors
- School Digital Resources in the Careers IAG Advice area of the website
- The Careers Library based in the LRC
Questions ? Need Help ?
Request an Interview